osx2x - excess keyboard remover
Copyright 2002 - 2007 Michael Dales
Latest version: 2.4.0
osx2x is a small Mac OS X application that lets you control other machines running either an X11 server or a VNC server using your Mac's mouse and keyboard. So if you happen to have a mac and either an X Windows machine or a machine running VNC on your
desk you only need to use a single keyboard and mouse! This may sound like a very esoteric
thing to need, and you'd be right, but some people have just that need, and thus osx2x was
osx2x is released under the BSD License.
- 2.3.0 to 2.4.0: Universal Binary. Dropped support for Mac OS X 10.2.
- 2.2.0 to 2.3.0: Lost in the mists of time, alas.
- 2.1.0 to 2.2.0: Added the autoreconnect support, and made osx2x release any flag keys on remote servers when the cursor is moved off that screen (thanks to David Baroff).
- 2.0.0 to 2.1.0: Corrected bugs with the German keymap (thanks to Chris Ferebee for help), solved a problem with it not working on Jaguar due to library problems (thanks to Michael Ash), and added the translucent direction arrows to remove the need for the main window to pop up, and help me find the cursor.
- 1.1.5 to 2.0.0: Major overhall, with too much to note in detail (see CVS logs for more info). Major changes: multiple connection support, VNC support, and Panther compatibility. Major code changes.
- 1.1.4 to 1.1.5: Fixed bug in copy/paste interaction.
- 1.1.3 to 1.1.4: Added support for TARGETS when X selection is
requested (thanks to Jonathan Paisley for that one).
- 1.1.2 to 1.1.3: Changed license from GPL to BSD. Improved support
for Wacom Intuos 2 tablets in relative mode (thanks to Thomas Hesser for highlighting this). Added
option to allow osx2x to autoconnect on toggle (thanks again to Bruce C.Dillahunty).
- 1.1.1 to 1.1.2: Added support for Xinerama (thanks for help go to Ojas Parekh), and fixed a bug with moving the cursor back on from north and south directions.
- 1.1.0 to 1.1.1: Another bug fix for the fn key causing it to crash (ta to Sylvain GIL!).
- 1.0.0 to 1.1.0: Added support for north/south edge detection, and fixed error in documentation (thanks to Keith Ahern) and fixed bug in key coding (ta to Seth Delackner).
- 0.3.0 to 1.0.0: Added ability to scroll of edge of Mac display to X Windows display. Various bug fixes. New GUI and icon.
- 0.2.0 to 0.3.0: Work in progress, never released.
- 0.2.0 to 0.2.1: Fixed daft bug whereby osx2x died when it disconnected from a server.
- 0.1.6 to 0.2.0: Added support for transferring clipboard/pasteboard information between two worlds.
- 0.1.5 to 0.1.6: Added online help.
- 0.1.4 to 0.1.5: Fixed dragging with middle and right mouse buttons.
- 0.1.3 to 0.1.4: Fixed bug when disconnecting from dead X connection (ta to Bruce C. Dillahunty for pointing that out).
- 0.1.2 to 0.1.3: Added global hotkey.
- 0.1.1 to 0.1.2: Fixed issue with remote server dying. Tided up GUI more.
- 0.1 to 0.1.1: Changed to brushed window theme.